FLASHBACK FRIDAYS: THE AIR ALPHA FORCE!!

Friday, April 18, 2014

 It was the summer of '88, I remember mashin' up to V.I.M. on Fordham Road to cop a pair of these! The Alpha Force was one of those kicks that you had to switch up your summertime flow from rockin' your Jordans all week!
 These kicks reminded me of  what would have been a low top Air Revolution. Since I played ball back then, I got these joints to hoop in. I wouldn't mind seeing these back on the shelves. I would definitely snatch up two pairs!
Shawn Kemp did his thing in the Dunk Contest with the Alpha Force. He rocked the Grey and White ones. He was one of the greats back then, and since he had them on, I knew I was on the right track. 
What made these official was the design. It almost looked like a Air Trainer, but it still had its own identity. The strap on the front of the top panel with "Nike" on it, the half basketball with the word "Force" coming out of the tongue. See I really do this, and back then I really appreciated all the details in the kicks. Memorable joints for a Flashback Friday!  Cali "O" #TeamKickGame

No comments:

Best Blogger TipsComment here

Drop A Comment

Next previous home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...