THROWBACK THURSDAY: THE AIR JORDAN "CHERRYWOOD" 16'S!!

Thursday, March 14, 2013



The Air Jordan XVI's in the EXCLUSIVE "Cherrywood" colorway is one of those sneakers that pretty much defines a REAL sneakerhead. I have a saga for these as well. These dropped in June of 2001, and I was the only manager in my retail store. It was 9:30 in the morning, and FootLocker was opening in a half hour. Now, since I really had to have these, and another manager wasn't coming in for 4 hours, I did the only sensible thing I could think of. I gave the store keys to Salvador and told him if the boss calls, tell him I'm helping a customer!
So off I jetted to FootLocker, which was about 15 minutes away. I thought to myself, if I get fired, so what....I'll have the Cherrywood 16's tho!! 
Long story short, I got the kicks, returned to work without a problem. Salvador did exactly what he was supposed to do, and I treated him to a number #2 at Mickey D's. Gotta take care of your workers! It's crazy how you can remember ever saga for each pair of kicks. I know I can, and I'm 236 pairs deep! The Cherrywood XVI's wrapped up the entire XVI saga for me, because I was able to cop each colorway (except the Chutney). It's been 12 years since its release, and many sneakerheads, including our bredren and KickGame Family member RCH89 would love to see the curtain come up again on these. 
Shout to the Nike Execs that check out KickGameDVD. We are definitely keepin' the Cherrywood 16's on our radar, and from what I understand, we may be seeing these in the last quarter of 2013 or the 1st quarter of 2014. Stay tuned. We'll keep up posted!  Cali "O" #TeamKickGame #BringItBack

No comments:

Best Blogger TipsComment here

Drop A Comment

Next previous home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...