Meet Deftronic

Sunday, August 8, 2010



KG "Mello": Whats good brother?
Def: Chillin, tired as usual, lol...

KG: 1st off, let me say that I really like what you doing over there @Deftronic.com, your love for the game speaks volumes!
Def: Thanks alot, I've always had love for kicks and the culture since I was a youngster.


KG: How long have you been into sneakers?
Def: Over 10+ years, my moms used to have me in white/black, white/blue, & white/red forces since I was a toddler.


KG: Do you consider yourself a collector?
Def: Definitely, a serious one at that. Some of my friends say my mind is an encyclopedia for kicks.


KG: You possess some serious weapons of, "mass destruction!" LOL. What pair was the most difficult to get?
Def: Most difficult would have to be a deadstock pair of OG 1997 Blue Foamposites. I wanted em as a kid, missed the retro, and tried like 4 different times to get em off e-bay. I finally got a pair in January. I opened the box, did my little pops from The Boondocks chant "New Shoes, New Shoooooowoooooessss!", kissed em, and said "Finally." True story.


KG: What pair do you pull out when you wanna "Break Necks" and why?
Def: Nike Dunk High Pro SB 'Unkles', they break the most necks for me. Girls and guys (No Bruno), old and young; just the overall design of em. Plus not everyday you see a dude rocking pink sneakers, so they must look.


KG: What city/borough you reppin?
Def: Manhattan and Queens NYC.


KG: What's your favorite sneaker spot out there/why?
Def: I don't really have a favorite cause I venture and cop from all over and they always look out for me. Good spots though are Premium Laces, Kixclusive,
and Footland.


KG: What's your favorite Jordan of all time/why?
Def: Of all time has to be the Jordan III Black/Cement. Just the design, it's a rather simple shoe, but yet intricate and its just classic. That pattern is just crack, plus it's the first Jordan with a visible air unit.



KG: What's your favorite sneaker in your collection/why?
Def: Well I have 2, Nike Dunk High Las Vegas Sole Collector Cowboys and The Pigeon Low SB. I mean the Cowboys are just disgusting, 3M Paneling, Patent Leather, Croc Leather, Fat laces, individually numbered out of 400. Plus, the shoe tells a story and if you didn't know, The Pigeons? NYC all day. I mean name a shoe where goons came out with bats and boxcutters straight trying to get people for their shoes. It got so bad Reed Space had to call cabs so people
could get out. Cops came, tear gas, the whole nine.


KG: What's next on your "Hit List"?
Def: It was the Cool Grey's until that blue sole nonsense, (I'ma still cop), but I'm Def looking for the Pewter Foam Ones. I need 3 pairs of the Blue Foam ones when they re-drop in Spring.


KG: What's on your feet right now?
Def: Dr. Doom Foamposite Pro's.


KG: What's the last pair you copped?
Def: Air Max 2 CB 94' House of Hoops Inks.


KG: How do you feel about the direction Nike is going with the
"Hybrids/Fusions" etc.?
Def: It's cool in some senses. Like the Air Max 24-7 is an amazing shoe, it's kinda dying with all these colors dropping, but these other mash-ups are horrible. I can't stand Jordan AF1 Fusions, I hate seeing a chick across the street rocking a Fusion, I'm like, "Ohhh Snaps, she got on so and so," I get closer and she got on some Fusions. Man, I feel like Chuck Norrising her face after that.


KG: What kicks are you looking for, if any?
Def: I need a pair of deadstock Paris SB Sz 11's...that's all I need at the moment. Everything else I want, I have.


KG:
What do sneakers mean to you?
Def: They give me a way to express myself, to feel different and unique. In a sense I'd prolly be the only person I see that day with that shoe on. I love the workmanship put into them, the creativity process of using a certain theme to create the shoe.


KG: Now it's time for the million dollar question..."Can you ever have enough sneakers?"
Def: C'mon son, that's blasphemy!


KG: On another note, I know that you're down with the squad (Lakers). How do you feel about all this "Miami is coming for LA" talk?
Def: We don't care, that's more fuel for Kobe's fire. Act like he don't want them in the finals, and to beat them; that will further more secure his legacy. Plus, people act like we didn't get better.
Matt Barnes, Steve Blake, and Theo Ratliff. Nobody worrying bout no Miami Heat, if they are Lakers fans.


KG: Ayo, thanks for taking some time out to rock with KickGameDVD.com, we Def gotta do this again.
Def: No problem, be safe.






Stop by and check out Def at Deftronic.com

2 comments:

Fly-Est.'83 said...

This is my first time on the site. I'm feeling what I'm seeing thus far. Keep up the good work.

mello said...

Thanks for tuning in!!

Best Blogger TipsComment here

Drop A Comment

Next previous home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...