Jay-Z - “Decoded” Available November 16,2010

Thursday, October 28, 2010

I know a lot of you are gonna jump on that "Illuminati" stuff because you have no idea what the thing on the cover is. It's actually a painting by legendary painter "Andy Warhol's" (Rorshach) series of paintings..
Jay-Z's lyrics to "Big Pimpin" inside the Delano pool in Miami...
"You too can live like Salvatore Ferragamo/ & you too can cool out pool side at the Delano/ If you too flow'd like you was out of your mind yo!..."- Jay-Z (Guns n Roses)
Hove is sporting a white Dior Homme Logo Bee poplin shirt (approx $407)
Passages from the book are on display at various location around New York, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Miami & London until November 16,2010 when Decoded hits shelves!.
Be on the look out!..
Jay-Z says:
" When I first started working on this I told my editor that I wanted to do three important things. The first was to make the case that Hip Hop lyrics-not just my lyrics, but those of every great MC-are poetry if you look at them closely enough.The second was I wanted the book to tell a little bit of the story of my generation, to show the context for the choices we made at a violent & chaotic crossroads in recent history. And the third piece was that I wanted the book to show how Hip Hop created a way to take a very specific & powerful experience & turn it into a story that everyone in the world could feel & relate to".

No comments:

Best Blogger TipsComment here

Drop A Comment

Next previous home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...